* For 1st generation radeons through 5th generation radeons use: ATI with AIGLX
- For example: ATI Radeon 7000 (RV100)
* For 6th and 7th generation radeons use the fglrx drivers with AIGLX.
- For example: ATI Radeon HD 2400 (RV610)
* For Older Radeon cards (R100, R200)
Users with older ATI Radeon cards, e.g. the Radeon Mobility 7500 card may be unable to start Compiz due to an incorrectly detected maximum texture size. To solve this, create a file at /etc/drirc with the following contents, then restart X:
<driconf> <device screen="0" driver="ati"> <application name="all"> <option name="allow_large_textures" value="2" /> </application> </device> </driconf>
* ATI Rage cards will not work with compiz
* OpenGL Composite Support was added in version 9.3 of the AMD Catalyst drivers. This news was covered by Phoronix at http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_catalyst93_composite&num=1.
Hardware/ATI (last edited 2009-03-30 19:07:31 by n1-162-218)