converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|<<Card(Plugin align=right, name=Resize Window, icon=plugin-resize.png, pack=[:CompizPlugins:Compiz Plugins], cat=Window Managment, hist=Initial Compiz Plugin,)>>||<<Card(Plugin align=right, name=Resize Window, icon=plugin-resize.png, pack=[[CompizPlugins|Compiz Plugins]], cat=Window Managment, hist=Initial Compiz Plugin,)>>|
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
|<<Card(Plugin align=right, name=Resize Info, icon=plugin-resizeinfo.png, pack=[:PluginsExtra:Plugins Extra], cat=Utility, hist=First Release, 0.5.2,)>>||<<Card(Plugin align=right, name=Resize Info, icon=plugin-resizeinfo.png, pack=[[PluginsExtra|Plugins Extra]], cat=Utility, hist=First Release, 0.5.2,)>>|
The Resize Window plugin provides the basic window-resizing functionality for Compiz, as well as some new resize effects.
Using Resize Window
- To resize a window normally, just grab corner of a window where the cursor changes to a 'resize window' cursor and drag.
You can also use <Alt>Button2 to initiate resize while hovering over any part of a window, or
<Alt>F8 to initiate window resize and <Alt>F8 to finish window resize
The Resize Window plugin offers four different resize modes:
- Slow on some systems, the window redraws itself as you resize it.
- The window texture is stretched as you resize it, however this may lead to distortion and pixellation
- An outline of the window is shown on screen, showing the window's shape before ungrabbing
- A filled, semi-transparent rectangle is shown as you resize the window, showing the area it will cover.
Default Resize Mode refers to which of these modes is used by default when you resize a window normally
Border Color is used by the Outline resize mode to define the color of the outline
Fill Color is used by the Rectangle resize mode to define the color of the rectangle
Finally, you can set a window match, for which windows to apply which modes to. For more information on how to write a match, see Window Matching.
The Resize Info plugin shows a box to tell you what dimensions your windows are as they are resized.
Using Resize Info
- Resize Info is on by default when you enabled the Resize Info plugin
To use it with all windows, check Show Resize Info for all Windows
- The resize box will be shown when you resize the window
Fade Time defines how long the resize info window takes to fade in
Text Color defines what color the text is
Gradient Color 1 / 2 / 3 defines the 3 colors for the background gradient.
Plugins/Resize (last edited 2008-04-22 10:42:10 by pool-70-104-171-193)